Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Is Mike Roe gonna have to choke a bitch?

Dave Chappelle just renewed for 50 million dollars. That's for just two seasons. Two seasons. How is that possible? I think that I'm going to cry. Of course, Comedy Central might end up crying, as other Comedy Central hosts may end up making similar demands. Colin Quinn made threats to that effect on Tough Crowd tonight, and Jon Stewart could definitely hold the network over a barrel next time his contract comes up. I swear, I hate Hollywood. But I love it too. Thus my conflict.
chappelle
Originally uploaded by MikeRoe.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does Chappelle cashing in make you want to cry? What do you care how much money Comedy Central as to pay to keep it's top-rated talent? Same mentality when an athlete gets the money he deserves. Believe it or not, entertainment professionals actually are working, and when they pull in all that ticket/merchandising/ad revenue, they fully deserve as big a cut as they can get.

I swear to God, people like you boggle my mind. It's not coming out of your wallet, and the owners certainly aren't going to go broke, so why should your sensibilities be offended?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I was half kidding. In fact, I was probably more than half kidding. Like, twelve thirteenths kidding. I think that Jon Stewart is funnier and probably more worth a deal like that, but Dave is definitely absolutely hilarious and, with the piles and piles of money he's making Comedy Central, probably earned that cash. It was more a shot at the excesses of Hollywood (as well-earned as they might be). Oh yeah, and jealousy. Probably some of that, too.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm rich, B****!" - Chappelle

Actually, I just watched season one on DVD (in four hours, let's face it, time is money) and it was fantastic. Subversive. I'm a big fan of Paul Mooney, and have been watching him clear the Comedy Store Main Room on Friday and Saturday night for 25 years.

Also, now I finally get your "oh, snap!" :-) I like your blog. Best regards,RB1F

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home