Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Beginning


bush-small
Originally uploaded by MikeRoe.

Well, the election's over. It's done. Finito. It didn't totally turn out the way I wanted, but I'm proud of the impact I made. I volunteered for the Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Washington State Democrats to go on several neighborhood canvasses and volunteered from 7 AM to 7 PM on election day to get out the vote. However, just because the election's over, it's not time to just throw in the towel. I encourage everyone to go out there and do what they can to make a difference. Even just an hour a week can make a tremendous difference. Write a letter to the editor of a local paper. Let people know what you think of what's going on in our nation. Volunteer for a local politician. Get a job in politics. There's plenty to be done, and I can't wait to get started!

That picture, by the way, is President Bush (OK, I know you knew that part) made up of the faces of dead soldiers. I hope that we never forget the sacrifices our brave young men and young women have made for our nation. God bless them, and God bless America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home