Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hillary and those damn kids

Have middle aged people been talking down about young people since the beginning of time? From a recent Hillary Clinton speech:

"Senator Clinton continued, "I'm talking about kids from across the economic spectrum. Kids for whatever reason think they're entitled to right to the top with $50,000 or $75,000 jobs when they have not done anything to earn their way up."...

Naturally, Clinton's speech didn't sit well with young people. Among them, her own daughter, Chelsea, who called up to give the senator a piece of her curly-headed mind, and triggered a bit of a reversal yesterday when Hilary spoke at Long Island University. The senator said there, "My daughter heard that I'd said that, and she called and she said, 'Mom, I do work hard and my friends work hard."



Comedy Central: Shows - The Daily Show With Jon Stewart - Politics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home